Thursday, March 15, 2007



Plumber..who needs him








It started with counter tops not looking really nice.. as nice is defined as granite and it was not.So, I get it replaced with granite. With a new counter tops, why not a new faucets. Oh, a new and deeper sinks would complete the mission. So, I needed a plumber to do the job. He fixed the faucet fine but did a sloppy job with the garbage disposal. The charge was $350; $60 to come to the house and then $80/hr . It took only one week and it started leaking. I decided to fix it myself with duck tape, after all duck tape in Alaska fixes everything. A friend of mine used it to fix his car after an accident! It worked for some time then leaked again, so my answer was more of the good stuff; more duck tape, but it leaked again. This time my wife had it with the leak and demanded a plumber. I strongly disagreed. What is it a plumber can do that I can't? So I headed to Home Depo a got an assortment of plastic pipes and headed to work. One and half hour of connecting and disconnecting pipes paid off. NO LEAK, Not A DROP. I was proud of my first plumbing job with total cost of $16.

5 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

شوف خوك
سو شركه
عباس نجم و الخارجي
وخلك من الطب
هم مايعرفون انجليزي بس السالفه مايبي ليها لغه و لاتفاهم
بس برز الفيزا ولا يهمك

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

كنا من زمان نطلق لقب الخارجي على فاضل لكن اظاهر بتكنسل عليه
نادر البزاز

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Congrats Haitham! You rock!!!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger أبو سنان said...

I agree with SBG. In Alaska you are forced to learn how to do things for yourself.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle you're the best.You're right who need's a plumber in Alaska the are losers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home