Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nice People..everywhere

Hospital Cafeteria: A month Ago
I ordered my daily morning 16 oz americano, got my wallet out to pay..
- No, it's on the house
- Oh, really. Why is that?
- You're always nice to us
- Oh, thanks

Tire place: A week ago
I took my snow thrower to the tire place as one of the tires got deflated and slipped out of the rim and my attempts to inflate it back in position failed.
- I am not sure if you do this but I could not fix it
- let me see what I can do
After struggling with it for 15 min he got it fixed
- Yes, it is fixed
- Oh, thanks. Who much I need to pay?
- Nothing
- But you had a hard time with it
- Have a Marry Xmas
- You too

McDonald's Drive through: last night
- Hi, May I take your order
- Just a cheese burger with small fries
- No drinks
- No
I paid and waited for the "fast food"
- Sorry for the delay, the fries are not ready yet
- It' OK
He handed me the food with a drink
- I super-sized the fries and added a drink on the house, sorry for the wait
- You don't have to do that, thanks

All of them did not have to do that, but all did. There are plenty of nice people around us.

4 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger أبو سنان said...

It is great. Some of what helps your situation is that you are in a small city.

Anchorage, and the people of Alaska, are a hardy type, and it takes a different sort to live there. So I think they respect each other a bit more than people here in the big cities do.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's so sweet!

It really cheers me up when I see nice people around me.

I always try to be nice because I know you can make someone's day just by being nice to them =]

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Haitham Salman said...

That is so true..
Small gestures do carry big meanings, and definitely can make someone's day

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger SoulSearch said...

I wish more [Nice] people were ino politics, as simple gestures like that would show a deeper layer of kindness within a person. I bet there would be less wars and famines if people like those ruled the world.

Love,
SoulSearch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home