Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bold Eagles

Could not resist taking multiple pictures of this beautiful bird. Here you can see three adults and three juveniles. They were close the shore waiting for fishermen to fillet their catch to take of thr rest.
I wished I had more zoom as 10x does not really cut it!
interesting info:
A female bold eagle's wing is almost 8 feet and bound for bound is stronger than airplane wing! And they can strike their prey twice the force of a rifle bullet!
Isn't that amazing? No wonder why it as a symbol for strength and freedom.
This picture was taken in Kenni Peninisula last summer

Haitham Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger أبو سنان said...

Interesting posts and blog. I lived in Alaska for two year, although way down southwest in King Salmon. I loved it, but no place to get a shawarma.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Haitham Salman said...

Abu Sinan,
thanks for stopping by
I just visited yours.. I will follow your posts

I am glad to know another shawarma lover!

Haitham

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger أبو سنان said...

Great picture by the way. Kenai is a great place to visit, hunt and fish.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger أبو سنان said...

Oh, how does you wife like it there? If you took her. I thought about taking my wife to Alaska, but as a Arab woman I figured she'd get bored there, and quick. Nopt much to do there for a Middle Eastern lady used to the big city.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Haitham Salman said...

Abu Sinan,
I have to agree, It can be hard. A visit will be fun in the summer, but it will get hard in the long winter. By the way ther is a turkish resturant now that brought some middle eastern flavor (and Shawarma) to the city

Haitham

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger أبو سنان said...

Really? I wish I had been there to get one of those. It was two years there with no shawarma, except when I came to DC.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site insurance automobile phoenix Musician vehicle insurance wausau internet marketing Scottsville homes for sale irish dance riddim Overdosing nexium 40mg tablets Florida auto insurance progressive http://www.description-life-insurance.info/samples_of_full_coverage_auto_insurance_cards.html Culinary art schools for kids in south carolina Dlt tape cartridge Dvd dual deck dvd xenical Farmers insurance jobs http hotjobs.yahoo.com company buy ionamin discovery may need more repairs require employee to pay company auto insurance deductible

 

Post a Comment

<< Home